Autumn Apple Ricotta Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Maytag Fresh Ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of one orange
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 crisp apples cut into 1 inch slice
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Optional: Confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, Maytag Ricotta and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in the olive oil, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Slowly add in small amounts flour and baking powder until completely incorporated.
- Use a large spoon to gently fold in apple pieces. Pour into greased spring form pan.
- Arrange the sliced apples on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan when done.
- Take cake out of oven and cool completely before removing from spring form. Top with confectioners sugar if desired.