White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. diced onion
- ½ c. diced red pepper
- 1 c. diced baked potato
- ½ c. flour
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. half & half 1 bottle beer
- 1 lb. Maytag White Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- bacon crumbles (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add in red pepper and onion and saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in flour and dry mustard and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in beer cook until mixture begins to thicken stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and half & half and stir to combine. Bring to boil, then reduce heat immediately to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. 6. Remove from heat. Stir in Maytag white cheddar, potatoes and Worcestershire sauce.